- 1 medium-large butternut squash
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 cups kale, ripped (no stems)
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup+ olive oil
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- 2 cups cashews (soaked in water for at least 2 hours & drained)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- Make the cashew cheese first, submerge 2 cups of cashews in water and let sit for at least 2 hours to soften up. Drain cashews and add all cheese ingredients to a blender, mix until smooth and set aside.
- Make the pesto next, mix all ingredients in a food processor, add more olive oil as necessary and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Peel a butternut squash, and cut the bulb off and set aside. Half the top part and then cut into (approx. 1/4 inch thick) half-moon shaped slices.
- Toss the butternut squash slices with 2 tsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper, arrange slices in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes until tender.
- Take any mixed vegetables you have and cook them in coconut oil until tender. Use these in the layering process.
- Let squash cool for 10 minutes until you can handle the slices, reduce the heat to 350f degrees.
- Lightly grease a glass dish or casserole dish and start by arranging the squash slices slightly overlapping. Next, add dollops of pesto all around, then the same for the cashew cheese. Add veggies and then your 2nd layer and continue until you’re done, you may have a little pesto or cheese leftover depending on how much you use.
- Bake lasagna for approx. 25-30 minutes