Hey guys! Just getting back into the swing of things. The past couple of weeks I’ve been trying to get myself and my family back to eating healthy again, after the holiday season. Let me tell you, its been a rough two weeks!! However, the chipotle chicken I made last night was a hit! Hope you guys love it too! Enjoy!
Co-founder Mandala Integrative Medicine
Chipotle Chicken with Red Bell Pepper Salsa
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 4 halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 roma tomato chopped
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
Heat a grill pan over medium to high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray and olive oil. Sprinkle half the salt, chipotle chili powder, black pepper, ground cumin and garlic powder evenly over the chicken; add chicken to the pan. Cook for 6 minutes on each side or until done and remove from heat.
Combine remaning salt, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño and red pepper in a medium bowl and mix well. Serve with chicken.