My husband has been asking me for weeks to make him some Chinese food. I usually avoid making it because I typically associate Chinese food with lots of oils, carbs, and sugar. I tried looking online for ideas, but failed to come up with anything healthy or low carb. A few days ago, I went to a friend’s house for lunch and saw a magazine on her coffee table, and it hit me, Chinese Lettuce Wraps!! Why hadn’t I thought of that sooner? Anyway, here’s my take on Chinese lettuce wraps. Have a great weekend!
- Chinese Lettuce Wraps
- 2 Tablespoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 Heads Bibb lettuce
- 2 Cups Shredded Green Cabbage
- 1 Large Handful Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 4 Scallions Chopped
- 1 Medium Cucumber Seeded and Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Raw Honey
- 6 Ounces Chicken Breast Cooked and Shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Thai peanut sauce or 1 tablespoon peanut butter (optional)
- Gluten Free Sriracha Sauce, Sesame Seeds and Peanuts To Garnish
- Separate lettuce leave and wash them carefully. Roll gently in paper towels and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine oil, gluten free soy sauce, lime juice, and honey and whisk to blend. Add chicken, cabbage, garlic powder, minced ginger, cilantro Thai peanut sauce or peanut butter (if using) and scallions to the sauce and mix.
- To serve, put the lettuce in a large bowl or platter and the filling in another and have diners assemble their lettuce wraps. Set out the Sriracha, sesame seeds, and peanuts for diners to use as desired.