This week it feels like summer has officially arrived in the Midwest. Its been cold and wet for so long, I hadn’t even thought of using the grill outside. Now that its finally getting warmer, I thought I would post some recipes for the grill. These chicken skewers are great. They’re easy to make and taste wonderful. I hope you guys love them as much as my family does. Please let me know what you think of this and other recipes on our Mandala Integrative Medicine Facebook page. Thanks and have a great rest of the week!
Grilled Chicken Skewers
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons gluten free Thai peanut sauce
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 10-15 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
In a large bowl whisk oil, honey, salt, black pepper, ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper (if using), and Thai peanut sauce together until smooth. Add chicken and mix. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Thread chicken strips onto the skewers; place the skewers on the grill or a grill pan over medium heat. Cook thoroughly on each side until done.